If you find it hard to switch off your active mind and enter a meditative state, then our Meditation Pure Essential Oil Blend can help. This blend contains lavender, thyme and ylang ylang – three oils high in linalool. The compound linalool is known to increase alpha brain waves, which are present during states of meditation.
Lavender Essential Oil – is very high in linalool, and can help to stabilise you if you are having a restless meditation session. The soothing, calming properties of lavender promote mindfulness and help to distract from discomfort or unease.
Thyme Essential Oil – Also rich in linalool, thyme oil can promote focus and peacefulness. The oil has a balancing effect on mood, preventing any distracting mood swings.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil – Ylang ylang is often said to have a ‘harmonising’ effect, helping us to level our emotions and feel content. This uplifting effect, coupled with its high linalool content, enhances the quality of meditation.
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent